top of page

Why breathwork?

You are the healer

your breath is the medicine!


What can your breath do for you?

Deep breathing activates primary signaling chemicals of serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, and endorphins to be released in the brain. These are happy feel-good chemicals that are important for our mental, physical, and emotional state as they help to promote happiness and pleasure and reduces depression, grief, anger, and anxiety.

Increased alertness and concentration

Strengthens your intuition and aids to gain mental clarity. The practice literally plugs one into an inner guidance, access granted! The heightened state of clarity is a result of the monkey mind shutting down. All the conscious noise is being pushed aside leaving room for clear guidance to come through.

Decreases stress, increases calm 

When you become stressed or anxious, your brain releases cortisol, the “stress hormone.” By taking deep breaths, your heart rate slows down, more oxygen enters our blood stream and ultimately communicates with the brain to relax.  


Relieves pain

As stated above, deep breathing triggers the release of endorphins, which not only helps create a relaxed feeling, but also combats pain.

Stimulates the lymphatic system

Breathing releases carbon monoxide, which is important to fully release and detoxify the body. Actually, breathing is in charge of 70% of cleansing the body of toxins (the other 30% is through bladder and bowels.) If you do not breathe fully, your body must work overtime to release these toxins.

Improves immunity

When your blood is fully oxygenated, it carries and absorbs nutrients and vitamins more efficiently. Essentially, the cleaner the blood, the harder it is for illnesses to stay put in your system. It increases the natural adrenaline and blood alkalinity in the body which boosts the immune system.

Increases energy

The more oxygen that is in the blood, the better our body functions. It also improves our stamina. Energy levels goes straight up.

Lowers blood pressure

As your muscles relax, this allows your blood vessels to dialate, which improves circulation and lowers blood pressure. Deep breathing also slows and regulates the heart rate, which also helps with lowering your BP.

Improves digestion 

The more you breathe deep, the more healthier blood flow you will produce, which in turn promotes your organs to function more effectively, including your intestines. It helps to   stimulates the lymphatic system which helps to detoxify the body and improves digestion.


Helps support correct posture

Next time you breathe in, notice that you simultaneously lengthen and straighten your spine. In order to take a deep breath in, your lungs take up maximum space, your diaphragm pulls down, so in turn your torso straightens in order for this to be possible.

Keep breathing my friend, you got this!

bottom of page